This memorial, located on the campus of Auburn University near Samford Hall, consists of a small square stone topped with a bronze shield. The metal plaque on the top of the stone reads:
"In memory of the Auburn men who gave their lives in the World War"
On the front side of the stone the following appears:
"Erected by D.A.R. Chapter 1919"